Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Maytag washer with f08 fault code, its a maytag wma 019148

Customer Question

maytag washer with f08 fault code
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its a maytag wma 019148 wh2 2yrs old with f08 fault
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So this error means that the washer isn't detecting any water coming into the unit. Maytag uses a flow meter that detects the flow of water entering the washer. If this flow meter does not detect the correct amount of water entering the washer it will sound the error code. Start by removing the washer fill hoses; both the cold and the hot water (if fitted) hoses. Check for proper water pressure from the house. To do so, turn the water on and put the hose inside the washer or a bucket.If water pressure is good, check the water valve inlet screens. Most residential washing machines have inlet screens. The screens prevent minerals from clogging the solenoid. With the hoses removed, you can visually inspect the water inlet screens. If the water valve screens are clear put the washing machine onto a wash program and see if you have a good flow of water going to the appliance by looking into the soap dispenser. Come back to me with your results.