Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Water coming out filter but can't open to see if there is

Customer Question

Water coming out filter but can't open to see if there is blockage
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hotpoint Aquarius wmf760 maybe 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yeah if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** are you able to get around the appliance and tip it backwards to 45 degress?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah if u could give me easy instructions to try solve this problem
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

OK first thing is to unplug the appliance, then take the lower kickstrip off and you have access to the filter and the screws that hold the filter chamber and pump in place. Wash bowl under and then undo the pump/filter from the front cabinet and let it hand down into the bowl. Now with a towel to hand unclip the large hose that comes from the drum to the pump and let the water flow into the wash bowl. Once this is empty check that you havent anything (such as hair grips, paperclips etc sticking out of the filter housing, if so remove them. Once you have this done you should be able to remove the filter. Come back to me with what you find.