Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a hotpoint washing machine. Wmef742. I put a load on,

Customer Question

Hi I have a hotpoint washing machine. Wmef742. I put a load on, when I came to empty there is no power or lights on and the door is locked shut. I've checked the fuse and the socket and they are fine. Is there an easy fix??
Thanks,
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If there is power at the outlet, the main power board or the noise filter is faulty. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with? Does unplugging it for a few hours change the behavior?