Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The drain pump continues to run at the end of the cycle even

Customer Question

The drain pump continues to run at the end of the cycle even though the machine is empty apart from water in the pump well. the machine will not reset
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No I have considered unplugging it and taking it to the canal for a float test. I will try unplugging it first thank you
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: For a few weeks before this problem, when starting to fill the inlet valve kept closing with a loud thud thus taking a long time to fill. good water pressure and filter is clear
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

Would you kindly let me have the make and modle number of the appliance please - Ian

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
TECNIK SE6 TE2 GB/72 Type S9JTTL
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK can you remove the front kick strip under the door and tell me if you have got water in the area between the wash cavity (where you put the plates etc) and the base of the appliance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had the machine unplugged overnight and then tried to reset to no avail. I have removed the kickboard and exposed the base of the machine. all that can be seen is a black button with a screwdriver slot in it, alongside this are two arrows one pointing up and the other pointing down. I have also emptied the pump well inside the machine of water. What do I do now?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK did you find any water in the base behind the kick strip?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do you find water in the base behind the kick board when the base appears to be inaccessible. i.e. No access, can not see into the base, no view panel ! Are we talking about the same machine? TECNIK SE6 TE2 GB/72 Type S9JTTL Tell me how I can discover if there is water in the base !!!