bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a beko Dcrs68w drier. Put new heater in but not

Customer Question

Hi. I have a beko Dcrs68w drier. Put new heater in but not working. One stat open circuit one stat continuity. What can I try?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Few days. Just read another post which suggests I should get continuity on both stats.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Can you confirm that you have continuity between the following three points.

Unplug first ---

From the neutral side of the on/off switch and the common heater connection.

from terminal 3 on KN2 connector on the main pcb and one of the heater tags (not the common)

from terminal 3 on KN3 connector on the main pcb and the other heater tag.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NEutral side of switch assuming blue wire connection is no continuity. Which clour cable is the term 3 of kn2? I have green or brown?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tries both colours to. All points. No continuity between any.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Was the switch pushed in - ie on ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Think so but I will try again? What should I get?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a beeper on your multimeter ie when you put the two probe tips together there is a beep or buzz

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have the buzzer setting.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yep. Switched on. No continuity between any points.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

OK you should have two pairs of wires connected to the switch, one live in ~ live out and the other neutral in ~ neutral out. With the switch in the on position you should get a beep between these two tags on each pair. If necessary remove the wires (noting where they go) and then check the switch.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Switch is fine. U it operates with power. Drum spins. Just no heat.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

OK you should then be able to connect between in inlet side of the switch and touch the common heater connection at the heater assembly and have a beep. Power off !!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing mate. No continuity.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

OK if you follow the cable there is a thermal cutout in the line that should have continuity through it, If that has poped open circuit then this is your problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cable running through the machine? Between PCB & heater element?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Yes that the one, the wiring diagram shows a cutout in that cable line to the heater, it may be actually near the heater.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Right! God knows what I have just done but I've taken off the heater. Put it back on. Was reading another post. Tested between neutral on plug and common heater. Got continuity. Turned on. BINGO! So frustrated but happy it is working.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Sometimes it is just a loose wire and replugging them reconnects. Glad you got it working. Could I ask you now to rate the information provided so that I can close the job down on the system. Many thanks. Ian