Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Smeg fridge freezer won't make ice just wondering the best

Customer Question

Smeg fridge freezer won't make ice just wondering the best way to reset it happens every so often and always manage to get going but not this time
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Smeg fa720x 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes usually you just move the door where the ice drops from and it works all the lights are on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Wondering if you can just buy a new ice bucket as slightly wobbly think if everthing is not in correct position the senior
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The easiest way to diagnose an ice maker issue is to manually fill the maker with water. If it dumps cubes in a few hours but does not fill, the problem is in the water fill (valve, frozen fill tube, etc). If it does not dump the cubes, the ice maker may be faulty. Can you perform this test and let me know what happens, please?