Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a bosh classixx 6 1200 express and all the lights are

Customer Question

Hi I have a bosh classixx 6 1200 express and all the lights are flashing we have cleaning the filter and want to rest it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just 10 mins
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

Also what lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model E- Nr WAE24164gb/30 fd 8911 601083 all the spin lights

Thanks for that.

Now as to the flashing lights all spin speed lights isnt listed as an error code. Are you sure its all 5 of the spin lights thats flashing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is hard to tell but it looks like all the lights are flashing slowly but the spin lights are brighter
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
expect the 1000 is duller

Ok if you have light 1,3,4 and 5 going from top to bottom flashing then this is an error code. This mean water has leaked into the base which is activating the flood switch in there which is causing the fault you are having here.

What you need to do is pull the washer out from under the unit and lean it 45 degs backwards. This will allow the water to drain out from the base and reset the flood switch.

Then you can restart a new cycle as this will have reset the flashing lights from there. So see how it goes but if it happens again then theres a leak in there. You need to remove the top and back cover and check the hoses under there and try and find were the water is leaking from.

So try the above as that will clear the base and clear the flashing lights from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now all the spin lights are flashing and the wash light only

Ok try this instead and see what happens.

Turn the program knob from the off position (12 o'clock), to the 6 o'clock position

Then immediately press and hold the spin reduce button.

Then while holding the spin reduce button turn the knob to 7 o'clock position and continue holding spin button for 15 seconds.

Then turn the dial to off.

Now turn it back on and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It dosent have a spin reduce button

It does, its the button under the spin lights that you press to reduce the spin speed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no it dosent feel like a button i pressed what is there and it didn't work

Can you double check the model number then that you have as the one you posted has the spin reduce button. If you say yours doesnt have it then that must be the wrong model number.

It will be on a sticker in the inside of the door and start E-nr

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the number is ***** there is a silver button under the spin numbers. I ran the sequence you told me to but it didn't change anything

That is the spin reduce button.

So if that hasnt cleared the flashing lights and you have pulled the washer out and tipped it back to clear any water then its looking like a faulty control board here.

As the above what i put was a reset of the electronics. As this hasnt worked and the base is clear of water then the control board will be the fault here and will need to be replaced.

Sorry its good news but its looking like the control board is the issue here.