Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The flame on my Beko oven burns yellow. I have installed a

Customer Question

The flame on my Beko oven burns yellow. I have installed a new butane nozzle but no change. All the other burners work well, including the high level grill. The model number is ***** Thank you, David
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Yellow is a lack of air or it may be burning debris, too. With a screwdriver handle, tap on the burner as it is on. Watch the flame and see if it sparkles a lot, indicating a good deal of sediment in the burner tube. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Kelly, tried that , the flame is still yellow. Is it dangerous to use like that. Regards David
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Is it sooting as well, leaving black flecks around?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If it is not sooting, it is not dangerous. How long has it been yellow? Is there an air shutter adjustment on the bURNER?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cooker is second hand, used in a holiday home for a very short time , the oven was unused. It has been yellow from day one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Can you post a picture of the burner area?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tried to send photo, but it said my.justanswer.com was not valid.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

You can send it to***@******.***.