Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Left transit bolts in, just happened, well 't know what

Customer Question

left transit bolts in
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just happened
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well don't know what damage it may have caused ?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: water leaking from bottom of machine
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: whirlpool 9440
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
water leaking from bottom of machine
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

If you have left the transit bolts in and now its leaking then it could have damaged somthing in there.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top and the back panel. From there check the hoses and see if one has come off.

If it looks fine then lean the washer backwards and have someone hold for you and then lie down and look under the washer and then check under there and see if the drum has broken.

As if the hoses are fine and then transit bolts was left in then it could have ripped the drum as ive seen it happen before. So check them and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cheers ***** ***** . can't do it soon though so I'll check it out when i can thanks for the advice

Your very welcome. Check it out when you can and then just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the qustion is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If not then if you could rate the answer then that will close the question.

Many thank