Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Lamona LAM8651 problem, Its just flashing on 35degrees, I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Lamona LAM8651 problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Its just flashing on 35degrees
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I cant select anything
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It still rums a test cycle by holding down the two buttons then press the power button then press start
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Lamona LAM8651
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

So if you press and hold the start/pause/cancel button for several seconds is this not clearing the flashing light?

When you run the test cycle do all the lights flash at the start and runs the test cycle ok but when you exit test mode it just shows the single flashing light is this correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have paid
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When i power the dishwasher on only the 35o light is flashing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When i press and hold the two buttons that you suggested it just stops the light from flashing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to your question at 07.14

Ok if it stops during the test cycle but comes back again during normal mode then its an electronc control board here.

On this theres 2 electronic boards in there. You have the use board which is the one you press to select the cycle and then the main board.

Now for the fault you describe this is more then likely the user board at fault here causing this fault. As ive replaced many of hem in the past for this fault.

You need to remove the outer wooden door and then remove the plastic control panel. You will see the user board there on the right hand side. This is the one thats more then likely the fault. Yo will need to replace it from there to cure this.

But the odd time it has turned out to be the main board which is on the left hand side when you removed the plastic control panel. Now as its an electronic board theres no way of testing them to see which is the issue. But going of past faults hat you have here its usually the user board that you press that causes this fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi. The test cycle runs fine withlut issue. I then turn it back off and on and the same issue the 35degree is lit. I have tried to get a fault code out of it but nothing

You wont get a fault code as its an electronic fault so that wont give an error code. Error codes are usually created when something else in there fails. As it runs a test cycle ok then everything is working in there. The answer is as above its more then likely the user board thas causing this fault here im afraud

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ol will order one now. They come next day so will get back to you once i have fitted it

No worries, Fingers crossed its the user one but as i said there is a chance it could be the main one. But 80% of the time its the user board itself at fault here.