Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

There is a Siemens American-style fridge in our new house

Customer Question

Hi, there is a Siemens American-style fridge in our new house that we are renting
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is a Siemens with the E-Nr KA58NA40GB/07 and it downt look more than a coupleof years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fridge works fine except for the control and display panel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If it is all working but with no display, the main electronic control likely just needs to reset. The low voltage user interface controls rarely fail. Unplug the refrigerator for an hour or so and see if it will reset. Does the behavior change at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The control and display panel does show values (see attached image). The problem is that when i press the buttons nothing happens. According to the manual (which I found online) you can set the icemaker to lock when it is not being used for a while (which is what I assume happened before we moved in), The manual says to press "unlock" (just the lock button under icemaker I assume), but none of the buttons appear to have any effect on the display
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

You have to press and hold the LOCK buttons to unlock the control. Are you holding the buttons?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am fairly sure I did that, but will try when I get home and let you know.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Okay, keep me posted. Did you get a chance to power down for a bit to see if that reset anything?