Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

All four lights are flashing and the machine is beeping, A

Customer Question

Hi. All four lights are flashing and the machine is beeping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A few weeks it's been out of use as I have been on holiday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible. I have cleaned the filter thoroughly but still not working
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hoover HED6612
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hoover HED6612 please acknowledge receipt

Got the picture thanks.

Are the lights flashing a number of times say like 5 flashes then a pause for a few seconds and then 5 flashes again?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They are flashing constantly for about 30 seconds then they stay on and the beeping stops

Ok is the drain pump running at the same time?

Are you able to reset the flashing lights?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Drain pump was running but now stopped. I cannot reset. Lights all still on

Ok try this and see what happens.

Pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lean it 45 degrees backwards and see if any water comes out from the bottom.

If there is then stand it up right and turn it on again and see what happens from there. As if this leaks what it does is activates a flood switch in the base and stops it from working.

So try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Water came out. I switched it on and it appeared to work. Water sounded as though it was coming into machine but then all lights came on and beeping again. Now stopped with all lights on and pump still on but pump stopped after a few minutes.

Ok you have a leak under there. Something is leaking and the water is activating the flood switch under there.

What you need to do on this is remove the top and both side panels.

Then you can see under the dishwasher. Check all the hoses are on and you should be able to see whats causing the water leak under there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will get back as soon as top and side panels taken off and checked for leak. Looking for screwdriver...

No worries.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Found loose hose and reconnected it. Flashing lights off and on pre wash it worked, filled with water but now not draining.

Nice one. Glad to hear it was just a loose hose and its all sorted now.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Daniel
You missed my last sentence. However I switched it on again and it went thro the cycle but when it had finished all four lights were on!! I am now working away from home for approx three weeks but do hope to get home quicker.

Sorry about that i did miss the last part were you said its not draining now.

I assume it fills with water and washes but doesnt drain?

If this is the case then you need to access the pump under there and check the wires on there. Then also remove the pump and check for blockages in there.

Also just check the waste hose and were it drains to. As yesterday you did say the pump was running so worth checking the waste hose first and make sure it isnt kinked at the back. Then if thats fone then check the pump and see what you find.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, I will try that when I get back home.

No worries your welcome. Try it when you can and let me know. Im away myself next week for a week so if you replie sooner i will get back to you asap.