bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I am fitting a replacement light switch bank on my Beko

Customer Question

Hi, I am fitting a replacement light switch bank on my Beko freezer. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of which wires go on which terminals at the back of the switch bank. There is a red, black, white and blue wire. Nothing on the switch bank to help except the terminals are numbered 6, 3, 4, 5.
Any help appreciated.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Can you give me the model number and most importantly the product code that is listed on the rating label inside the cooling area - Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model number - TZSB496W
Serial number -(###) ###-####
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the above but I still need the product code please.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

If the product code is -(###) ###-####then the connections are as follows --

5 = Red

4 = White

6 = Blue

3 = Black

Would you now kindly rate the information supplied by selecting from the star ratings at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA and come back to me if you need further help. Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry but there is no product number on the rating label. Only model number and serial number. How else can I find out what the product number is?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Its OK I logged on to the Beko Engineers site - the above is correct and you can follow the instructions given. Could I now ask you to rate the help given - thank you - Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will rate your reply but cannot do so yet. When the switch bank is fitted it runs ok, however if I press the fast freeze button on the switch bank the freezer trips the electrics and blows a fuse. The switch bank is brand new so can't see how that is at fault.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Why did you change the switch bank in the first place

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The last switch bank was faulty
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Do you mean by that the first switch bank had the same problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, the switch just didn't work. The new switch works fine unless you press the fast freeze button in which case it trips the electrics and blows the fuse. The switch bank still works when a new fuse is added to the plug.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Herewith the wiring diagram for your model as per the connector information supplied - perhaps this will help you find the problem.