Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Smeg SPF399X integrated oven. oven does not heat up, not

Customer Question

Smeg SPF399X integrated oven. oven does not heat up, not does grill. Internal light not working either.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Turn the oven on, thermostat light flashes and fan comes on as usual but noo heat.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its a simple fix. Yesterday it all came back, so confident that all components are / were
ok, but today not working again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the oven is out of warranty
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The fact that it is intermittent leads me to believe that there is a problem with the wiring or a connection issue somewhere. Are you able to pull the oven out and remove the access panels for a look at the wiring?