Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I am trying to find out what E12 is on a 10kg beko washer,

Customer Question

Hi i am trying to find out what E12 is on a 10kg beko washer
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We have had it for 18mths its beko and the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can we had a tech out but never had a manual
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

E12 error code is a fault on the motor circuit of the washer.

This can be either the motor itself, circuit board or the wiring from the board to the motor.

What you need to do is remove the back panel and there you will see the motor at the bottom. Check the wiring there and give the wires a tug in the block as if they have broken then it can cause this fault.

Also depending on the motor if yours have a carbon brush motor then you need to check the brushes at the back of the motor and see if they ahve worn. But if its only about 18 months old then i think you have the brush less motor. So if the wiring is fine then im afraid its either the motor itself or the control board as thats what the E12 error code means.