Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dryer has stopped operating, G 646 SCI 15-20 yrs, Yes,

Customer Question

Dryer has stopped operating
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: G 646 SCI 15-20 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: retired engineer!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The model you posted is a dishwasher. If that is what you are having trouble with and it is not operating at all, the door switch is most likely faulty. Are you able to disassemble the door to access the switch for testing?