Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a tefal express iron and every time I press the steam

Customer Question

Hi there I have a tefal express iron and every time I press the steam button water is flooding thru the holes soaking the clothes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is a tefal express total autocontrol it did do this once before I emptied the anti call collector then it seemed ok I did empty the chamber before I started ironing today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I could try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What shall I do to correct this fault
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is a tube that leads from the water tank to the steam area that has probably come loose or broken. When the button is pressed, it tries to move water to the steamer but leaks before getting there. Are you able to disassemble the unit to look for issues inside with the tubing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Kelly sorry about late response my husband is here today I will get him to try to dismantle the iron and have a look so bear with me and I will get back to you a s a p thankyou
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

No worries, thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Kelly we are unable to dismantle the iron
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

It will need to be replaced then or used without steam. That would be the only option unless you want to send it for repair but that would likely cost more than a new unit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok Thankyou for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** *****