Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am trying to replace an oven thermostat in a Cannon

Customer Question

Hi i am trying to replace an oven thermostat in a Cannon 10582G. The connections on the old stat are numbered 1 & 2. but the replacement thermostat is the ET51001/J5 with ABC terminals. Not sure which terminals to use.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Cannon 10582G and probably pus 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes it is all ready to go.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There are three wires on the old thermostat, two piggy back on one and a single on the other one. It is a fan oven.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You will need a multimeter to test the terminals that have continuity when the thermostat is turned on. The other spade terminal may be a dual tab, too. Can you post a picture of the back of the new thermostat?