Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Beko 8360 tumble dryer replacing the small drive belt NOT

Customer Question

beko 8360 tumble dryer replacing the small drive belt NOT the large one over the tumbler cannot find how to put the drive belt off has it looks like the tumble and the engine and other parts needs dismantling which makes it a big job. So there must be a better way
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

How i do this is remove the top and the right hand side panel so you can access the motor.

Remove the heater cover on the back of the dryer.

There you need to remove the rear fan. This can be tricky to remove but it will come off once the bolt is undone.

Then look on the side and you need to remove the motor.

Either side you will see a bracket held on by 2 torx screws either side. Remove both clamps. The rear screw can be trickey due to it being close to the drum. I use a small socket set with the torx bit on it to remove it.

Then remove the cover on the left of the motor to reveal the other fan.

Then once thats all off you can remove the motor from the base and fit the small belt onto the motor and pulley from there.

Then just refit it in reverse order.

Thats the best way to do it on these im afraid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Re your instructions I cannot find a way on your site of replying to the instructions I asked for The answer does not apply correctly this model DPU8360 Does not have a Second Fan or a Heater it is a Heat Pump Dryer. The problem is the spindle is about 6inches long and in the way of the motor being pulled along 6 inches to get the spindle out is the pipes belonging to the heat pump are right next to the motor that is why i cant figure out how to do this Please advise on this model

sorry didnt realise it was the heat pump dryer as it was only half a model number so i assumed it was just a standered condenser dryer.

I cannot access the service manual at home for beko so cannot get it till monday. I have done them but was a while ago and my mind has gone blank on these.

Are you able to post a picture of the set up of the motor on these and i will be able to tell you from there.