Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a zanussi aquacycle 1000 the start pause light keeps

Customer Question

Hi I have a zanussi aquacycle 1000 the start pause light keeps flashing continuously??
JA: Have you tried power cycling it -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes happened yesterday was left unplugged overnight still same today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No door is locked on machine to everything else looks fine apart from start pause button flashing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect there is water in the tub that has the control in a flood routine. Is the pump running with the door locked? Is there water visible in the tub? If you remove the top from the cabinet, the pressure switch is mounted at the very top. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Kelly no water in the drum door will open when plugged out. I have tried the hose and it is fine no problem with it... Light still flashing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing happening when turned on at all only door locking
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That sounds like the main controller is having issues. Can you please post the complete model number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where will I find that?? It just says zanussi aquacycle 1000 on the machine itself
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Usually on a tag around the opening where the clothes are loaded.