Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

30" Double Built-In Oven

Customer Question

30" Double Built-In Oven
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry...I forgot to say thanks...
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you! Are you able to pull the oven out at all to remove the top access panel? Also, what brand is this oven? The model you posted is not coming up at all.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a Bertzzoni...I have not pulled it out as yet, hoping not to...but if I have to I can
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Well, we need to look at one thing, the incoming power supply. If the connections are tight and wiring in good shape, not burnt or otherwise damaged, then the main electronic control is faulty. The only way to tell will be to access the main wiring connections. You could start at the junction box where it is wired to your home's wiring in case there is a loose connection there, though.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, there is power coming in because the oven light goes on...are you saying that it might be a loose wire at the connections?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the connection may be very weak, allowing little current through to allow the lights to come on but opening when more current is pulled as the control lights up.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

We would definitely want to check all that before replacing an expensive control.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK...let me see if I can get access to the main connections...
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You bet, take your time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry...I'll have to do it tomorrow...or call an electrician..
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I understand, no worries. If all power connections are found to be good, replace the oven control.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!