Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Bosch max 6 washing machine stopped working. The display

Customer Question

Bosch max 6 washing machine stopped working. The display does not light up, but you can turn the dial to on and water will fill but it goes straight out the drain. Machine does not respond to anything else. Appreciate any help. Thanks Peter
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought 2007
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Have tried, but seems out of my depth. Have read that a reset is worth trying but I do not know how to do it?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this stage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me the full ENr on the rating plate inside the door please Peter - Ian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
E-Nr. WAE28465NN/05 FD 8611 601203
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK the only reset on the appliance is to turn the control knob to 12 o'clock - can you confirm that this is not a new installation or an installation into a new location?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. The machine stopped working early in a wash cycle. No error message. The fuse went and we put in a new one. Display will not light up.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK it sounds like either your heater or the motor failed and caused a track to blow off the main pcb -- if you copy and paste the following link into your browser -- -- then spare parts list and diagrams, then page number 1 it shows you how the parts go together - power off, top off and then have a look at the two pcbs and see if you can see any burnt areas and then come back to me - Ian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** more trouble than it is worth. I will try to take a quick look and get back to you, but will probably be tomorrow. Peter
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK Peter - I'll be around somewhere - Ian