George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

We have an Electrolux dishwasher which shows an i50 error

Customer Question

Hello we have an Electrolux dishwasher which shows an i50 error code
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The dishwasher works for about 15 mins then stops, beeps and shows the i50 error code
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That error means there is a problem with the wash motor circuit. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi- the model number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have a phone
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

No worries, thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

It is unlikely that the motor is faulty if it runs for 15 minutes. I suspect the number 15 controller at the link below will need to be replaced. That part is mounted in the base of the machine, behind the motor.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Yes, did you see my response above?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the controller?we contacted Electrolux and was advised that the error message relates to the emrgency overflow not working properly
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the controller?We contacted Electrolux and was advised that the problem is to do with the emergency overflow not working properly
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The service information I have on that model series indicates that the i50 error is a wash motor circuit error. The controller is the electronic control part that energizes the motor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello are you still there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the controller?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

It appears that you are having trouble. I will place your question back to the list.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i want to double check as your information is different to the advice given by Electrolux in Switzerland, where the the appliance is located.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is George,

The code i50 refers to the following fault "Recycling pump Triac short-circuit"

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

.

Hello, my name is George,