Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a wmpf-843 washing machine which has an F05 fault

Customer Question

Hi, I have a wmpf-843 washing machine which has an F05 fault code. I cleaned the pump and removed some debris which cleared the F05 but then no water was filling into the detergent tray. I tried blowing through the pressure switch and heard the diaphragm click but still no water. Now the F05 error code has come back on but the pump is clear
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think the solenoids on the water inlet are not being activated
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

Hi

When you set it going on a wash cycle what actually happens?

Does the drain pump just keep running all the time?

Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, everything lights up and the timer counts down but no water comes in. Its silent and eventually the f05 displays

Ok if the pump is clear and the impeller is free to turn then its going to be the pressure switch at fault here.

As thes pressure switches on these isnt a swich as such. Its a linear switch which basically works on frequency. So ive seen it loads of times on these were the pump blocks up so when you clear it the pressure switch is giving the wrong signal to the control board which then stops it from filling with water.

What you need to do is replace the pressure sensor in this and that will cure the fault from there. Click here for the part.

This is something we replace a lot off as the error code E05 actually means the pressure switch isnt giving the correct signals.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, that's what I thought...nice to get confirmation. I've just ordered the part...thanks Daniel

Your very welcome. Im sure that will cure the fault here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The part you detailed has just arrived and is the wrong part, (ST-545 where I needed ST-540). It is the small version so has delayed the fix even more and has cost £31.78
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've just ordered the st-540 pressure switch

Theres only 2 types of linear pressure switch and its a big one or small one. Now your model is showing as having the small pressure switch which is the one i linked yesterday.

Are you saying it has the larger rounded switch on it?

What serial number is ***** washer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I ordered the large one which resolved the fault

Nice one glad to hear that sorted it and thanks for letting me know how it went.