Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a indensit condenser tumble dryer idc85..the empty

Customer Question

Hi pearl..I have a indensit condenser tumble dryer idc85..the empty water light is on but the water tank is empty and clothes is drying cold..thanks
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My tumble dryer is not heating up..water lights is on but the water tank is empty..clothes is spinning cold..thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No just's spinning buthe the clothes is not drying it's just spinning in cold air..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

If the empty water light is on then this stops it from heating up.

What you need to do is pull the dryer out and look in the back in the bottom right corner.

There you will see a white/grey plastic cover clipped into the back panel.

Prise this out from the top on both sides and then you can remove the pump chamber from the base.

There you will see a load of water. Give this a good clean out and clear all the fluff in there as well. Then make sure the pump is clear underneath and refit the pump.

Try it on another cycle and see how it goes. But if it happens again the next time you use it then the pump is faulty and will need to be replaced to cure this.

Try that and see what happens as for this its either the water chamber blocked up or the pump is faulty.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.

Many thanks