Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a Neff S5456X2GB/13 dishwasher that is not heating

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Neff S5456X2GB/13 dishwasher that is not heating the water. The wash cycle is very long (I interrupted it after 3 hours on a cycle that usually takes 35 mins).
I ran another cycle and checked every 10 mins to see if the water was getting hot but it stayed cold.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: It's an integrated appliance which makes it hard to get to, but I can slide it out for troubleshooting. I have access to a multimeter for testing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** copy and paste the following link into your browser -- then spare parts list and exploded diagrams then page 4. The heater assembly is 267775 on the diagram. You will need to remove the right hand panel and then test the continuity across the heater terminals.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi IanWhile disassembling I had a look at the control PCB. There's an obvious burnt solder joint on relay K1; it measures 100 Ohms across the input terminals so I think the relay itself is OK. Could this be the reason why it's not heating the water?