Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've just moved house and the bosch fridge freezer doesn't

Customer Question

hi I've just moved house and the bosch fridge freezer doesn't seem to be freezing properly and it is rather full
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Great thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: hmm no not that I can think of. Thanks x
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the fridge and starts E-nr

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry Im trying to find it.

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
330866
QC421

The model number starts E-nr do you see that number on the sticker?

The sticker is usually behind the salad box.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't see i will look again. But it is Bosch Excel Frostfree.. i will look again
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
KGH34X45GB/05
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that ok?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello?

Ok dont worry if you cannot find it.

If its a frost free then it could be too much ice thats built up on the evaporator unit inside the freezer.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the evaporator unit at the top if you can.

There you will see the evaporator. If this is blocked with ice then you need to use a hairdryer and melt the ice from there.

Or if you are unable to remove the cover inside the freezer then you need to turn the appliance off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours to allow it to defrost itself.

Then see how it goes from there. This is the most common problem we get on these frost free appliances so try that if you can and see how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Daniel are you there?

Yes im here still.

Ive just sent an answer do you see it above? Just scroll up and you will see it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
at the top of the freezer is a panel with screws I need to remove this?

Yes remove the screws at the front and you should be able to pull it down and remove it.

But if theres loads of ice in there then it will be hard to remove so you may need to aim the hairdryer in there to try and melt the ice.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
By the way I did send you the model number:KGH34X45GB/05

Yes it did see. I started typing the answer before i got it but once i got it i was able to chek what kind of set up it was.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
before I do that... how would I know now if its started working properly or not? is there a way to tell?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm asking this as I guess there is a possibility that maybe the door wasn't shut correctly??

You will only find out a few hours after defrosting it as thats when it will get to the correct temperture.

It is possible it was the door left open as we see it a lot on these as warm air gets in and causes too much ice build up.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, I will go and find a screw driver I guess

No worries. Fingers crossed you will sort it.

But as i said if you have trouble accessing the evaporator due to the ice then you may need to allow it to defrost itself for 24 hours.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But how would i know if it is working properly right now or not? I've moved so can't find a screwdriver. It appears to be making a noise when I open the door which turns off when I recluse the door..

If the food is all frozen solid now then you know its working. But if its soft then its starting to defrost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well the ice cubes melted so i guess not.

Ice is the best way to test as this should stay soild. As its melting then its not at -18 degress

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, well I'll try what you suggested what about changing the setting on the freezer though?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
at the top of the fridge it says -18
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, how much will I be charged for this?

Leave the setting as -18 as thats what the freezer should be.

It may say -18 on the display but this is the temperture you want it set to not the actuall tempreture it is in there so just ingore the display as thats not correct.

As to how much you are charged this is just the price you agreed when you set up the question. You only pay the once.

I dont know what it is as i dont get involed in the payment side but if your not sure what you agrees to then you need to email customer servies.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay one other question will the meat be okay in the freezer till tomorrow when I can put it in another freezer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Obviously ice cream etc won't be...

Meat usually is ok as it stays solid longer so should be fine. Just keep the door closed as ever time you open it warm air rushes in so keep it closed and see how it goes.

But if tomorrow you find its quite soft then dont refreeze. You will need to use it up.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ohhh... okay, well its mainly meet in the freezer so I'm hoping if the freezer isn't working i can drop it off 1st thing in the morning
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I guess for now I'll leave the door shut and check in a couple of hours......

Keep it closed and hopefully that will keep it frozen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, well I guess if it;s still frozen in the morning then It'll be fine to take to another freezer as there is no way I can cook everything.

Good luck with it. I have my fingers crossed for you.

If you could also remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the fridge as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.

Many thanks