Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have an Indesit BAN 12 NF and the Freezer compartment is

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have an Indesit BAN 12 NF and the Freezer compartment is staying much too warm. The 'fridge compartment seems to be OK. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Indesit BAN 12 NF, and yes I have checked the settings regularly. The problem started about a week ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes - if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

If the freezer isnt cooling as it should but the fridge section is fine then you need to empty the freezer.

From there you need to remove the back panel in there that you will see.

Bhind that panel you will see another panel with a fan on it. Remove this as well. Just release the tabs that you will see.

Now you will be able to see the evaporator. Have a look at this and see if theres any ice or frost on there. There should be cooling all the way round it. If there isnt and its only the top section thats frosting over then its a system fault on this. Its either the compressor or a gas issue which for this you would need to get a fridge engineer in as this isnt a diy as you need the equipment to be able to regass the appliance.

So check that out and see what you find and let me know.