George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

My Zanussi washer dryer has error code e20 flashing up its

Customer Question

Hi my Zanussi washer dryer has error code e20 flashing up its model number is ***** I've drained the machine and taken the filter out and cleaned any debris. Any help or advice.would be much appreciated. Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 7 months ago.

Drain pump issue... Check the impeller of the drain pump can move.

Also take out the filter, put the appliance on to a drain cycle, check that the pump operates.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What does the impeller look like. Having taken the filter cap off and looking inside all I can see is like a rubber nipple. Nothings moving although I can hear a faint suction type noise. I'll put it on a drain cycle now but how will I know if the pump is working? Many thanks.

The impeller is similar to a propeller on a ship.. If you can't see it, you will hear it when the filter is out.. with a tiny bit of water into the filter housing you will hear the pump trying to flush the water.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Impellers working fine tried a little water and I can maybe hear it trying to flush it. I'm not sure. Put it on a full cycle to see if the problems still there

Just so you know, the pump is on the rear end of the housing that the filter fits in to... The pump looks like the one in the image in the link below.

The impeller is the white cross shaped object on the front of the pump.

.

Ok Sam

Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.