Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have AEG L75480 WD . I'm getting E20 error. Already

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have AEG L75480 WD . I'm getting E20 error. Already cleaned the filter and checked drain hose.In the filter I founded some debris which I removed. The small impeller in filter moves with no problem. Still during washing cycle( or drying) it pauses with E20 error. Is it any option to reset the device and then check whether error will be there or not?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I think that all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

If you set the washer going on a wash and let it fill with water then stop it and select a spin only does it drain the water away?

Do you hear the pump running?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it looks that it works fine- when we choose normal wash or wash with drying it always stop after about 1 hour and producing E20. After that I'm switching off or pressing stop/ start - pause or eventually spin/ drain and after that it works with no problem(program continue or we choosing rins option and then drying). Also when I checked filter few times - it was always same amount of water there( about max 05-07L)- so I think there is no blockage there. Hose at the back looks OK as well.

Ok lets see what the full error code is stored in there.

Set it going on a spin cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up E??

Let me know the correct error code.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok- I'll try to do that in few hours as I'm not home now- I'll come back with results tomorrow. Thanks

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Daniel
The code produced on the display is Ed7
Also yesterday during washing cycle the machine stopped 3 times instead of 1 so I think something going on in it.

Thanks for that. But bit of a strange code as ED7 means faulty dryer thermostats. Now this can be either the dryer thermostats themselves, wiring to it or the main control board.

One thing you can try first as this is quite common on washer dryers is the dryer element failing to earth.

Dissconnect the wiring on the dryer heater and see how the wash cycle goes from there. If it completes ok then the dryer heater will need to be replaced to cure this.

If thats fine then you need to check the thermostats on the dryer heater chamber. If you remove the top you will see the heater chamber on top. On the side of this is the thermostas, You will see them there. Test them with a multi meter and see what you find.

But if all the above is fine and its still playing up during the wash cycle then im afraid its looking like a faulty control board here which would need to be replaced to cure this im afraid.

But check the dryer heater first if you can and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi DanielWe managed to open dryer chamber. Thermostat on top was dirty with some fluffs and inside- specially under dryer fun was lots of wet and dirty fluffs wich we removed. Inside the dryer chamber(module) it looks that dryer heater is very rusted and because of that one of the heater "legs" is not part of the heater anymore( not connecting to rest of the module). Do you think it might be the source of the problem we have?Thanks

Has the heater broken then inside the chamber it sits in?

If it has then the heater will need to be replaced as that could be whats casuing the trouble here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yes -it's broken because of rust. It looks like 2 ends with sensor are still ok but the 3rd inside its broken. Do you also recommend to replace the thermostat as 1cost only 10£?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi again- another thing after this " maintenance" when I pressed error code combination its producing E21 instead of ED7...

Can you post a picture of the part you see thats broken?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately we assambled back the device but below link to AEG page when you can see the part on the graph - part number is *****

Ok thats great. I just wanted to double check it was the dryer heater we was talking about. As it is 130d then thats correct as thats the dryer heater.

Replace this and that should sort it. I dont think you will need to replace the thermostat unless it is faulty. Have you tested it for contonuity? If so if it was ok then just fit the heater only on this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi DanielYesterday we installed dryer heater. After that I checked buttons combination for errors - it produced E21 error. Then we setup washing program -1 st wash was absolutely fine( without drying)- machine didn't stop.
Today we setup another wash(2nd) without drying and it stopped 8 minutes before end of the program. 3rd wash was with drying and during that it stopped few times- please note, that after washing drying program and time wasn't affected- drying worked absolutely fine. E21 error still is there.
Old dryer heater initially looked like it was damaged but it was lots of rusts( please see provided picture).
It looks like our AEG has only "difficulties" with washing- drying process I think is ok.
What potential problem might still sits in the machine?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Ok so when it stops is it still full of water?

As E21 is a draining issue so just double check the pump impeller and were it drains out to. Make sure thats all clear as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is with water in drum when stops. Earlier to remove water we just used option spin/ dry. I checked and clean filter few times - it is empty. Also I was trying to move impeller - it was turning but it wasn't that easy and after few turns it was blocked- I'm not sure whether is normal or not( or what is normal spin for impeller). Hoses at back of machine are not blocked. When we removed back panel we saw water in transparent hose inside of the machine - it was fill out(the hose inside) up to half of its length. When we removed water from the system trough filter it was always about half to 3 quarters of liter.To replace the pump itself do we need to access machine from the bottom?

Ok i think you may find the pump is the fault here. As if its clear then it may be breaking down during use as a pump can do this.

And yes you can access the pump from under the washer. Some models have a cover so you may need to remove that as it just pops off.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Daniel
So I installed today new drain pump and run 20 min cycle. Unfortunately 6 minutes before cycle ends machine sopped with E20 error. After diagnostic buttons combination E21 error still there....

Ok if the pump is new and theres no blockage in there then the only thing that can cause this fault is the control board here as theres nothing else that can cause this im afraid.

Its a very strange fault but if the rest of the draining is fine then thats all thats left here, Sorry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As there are not pictures on the AEG webpage are you able to tell me which of below link will be right ?
The first link that you put is the control board you need as that's the configured one. But given the cost of that you might be best giveing AEG ring as they do a repair plan for about £160 for the year this includes them calling out and fitting the parts themselves so given the cost of the board is that the same price as AEG themselves doing the repair. So that's an option for you to think about as well
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi again
I found this one-bay : you please tell me that is the control board I'm looking for?
Can you post the full product number (pnc). It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and starts with a 9. Then I can double check in the morning for you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Prod. No. Of my washing dryer is###-##-####00 - serial no. Is 34000005 .Another worry for me is that on the pictures on E-bay on the box is number I'm looking for but on the stickers of the module itself are different numbers not corresponding with AEG prod number

Sorry for the delay only just got home from work.

Yes thats the correct board for you model as the part number listed on the ebay board is the one thats listed for the product number you posted.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi DanielThanks for your help and patience with my issue. Luckily it's not switchboard but blockage in pipes wich are in different room( bathroom) and about 7 meters away from drain hose. Guy who was reparing my oven helped me to find " hidden" pipes and pointed that it's a drain problem - but he wasn't amateur like me.
Thanks again for your help and assistance with learning new "skills".Tom
Nice one glad to hear you got it sorted in the end. And thanks for letting me know.