Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Whirlpol built in oven Model GBS277 or 307. It just

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpol built in oven Model GBS277 or 307. It just stopped working. No indications that it i connected to eledctric power. Did not happen after self-cleaning or any particular event.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I took the oven out and apart but could not find the fuse which I thought would be the problem. Even if I fid the fuse and replace it, how do I know what happened or whether it will happen again
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. Trying to find out if I can replace the fuse or if there is something else going on or I have to bring in a technician.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help. Do you have a volt meter and are able to do some testing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can do some simple continuity testing.

Okay. The model numbers you listed are very different. One is a single oven number and the other a microwave oven combo. Can you supply the model number off the oven so I give correct information?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
700 270 77 type FCEM6
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Service Nr 8541(###) ###-#### ***** 0206 01 0848

Wow! That doesn't sound like Whirlpool. The GBS277 or 307 models are USA models. Are you really in the UK?