Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have Philips whirlpool American fridge freezer. It was

Customer Question

I have Philips whirlpool American fridge freezer. It was beeping with a warning sighn flashing so I turned it off and back on again. It seemed fine but I was away all day today and came back to food all defrosted! So I cleaned it out and put it back on there now and changed it from -18* to -22*. What do you think is wrong? We have hot weather at the minute and also the bar between fridge and freezer door is very hot.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No I think that covers it. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Hi

If the bar between the fridge and freezer is very hot then its either a blocked condenser or the cooling fan at the bck isnt running.

What you need to do is remove the plastic kick strip at the bottom of the fridge freezer at the front.

Behind there in the right is the condenser. If this is covered in dust clear it all off from there and then see how it goes from there.

If thats fine or it doesnt cure it then pull out the appliance and remove the metal cover at the back.

There to the right of the compressor is the cooling fan. Check to see if this is running and cooling the compressor down. If not then its either a faulty fan or the control board.

You need a multi meter to test the fan motor to see if faulty. But if the fan motor is fine then the control board at the back is the fault here.

But check the condenser first at the at the front as most of the time its this thats blocked up casuing the problem as it cause it to overheat inside and stops it from cooling correctly.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the fridge as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.

Many thanks