bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Is the pulley screw prt no numberon an aeg 14510vi washing

Customer Question

is the pulley screw prt no number(###) ###-####on an aeg 14510vi washing machine right or left hand thread s it appears very tight, I broke a torq tool trying to undo it and im wondering if its a left hand or not
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: please answer question about the screw
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its an aeg 14510 vi about five years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: any information on changing the bearings woulb be appreciated
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also do you have any information about changing the bearings on this machine. I tried to undo the pulley screw but my torx bit snapped
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Could you let me have the full PNC which is on the rating label and I can have a look at the details for you. -- Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its###-##-####00
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay had to go out and do a quick job - in answer to your original question the screw in a converntional thread that is anticlockwise to unscrew however it is sealed in place with Locktite adheasive and quite often you need to apply heat carefully from a hot air gun to melt it enough to release the glue and unscrew it. Cheap torx bits are usually not sufficient, you need a 1/2" drive socket type to do the job properly.

Regarding changing the bearings, this entails taking the top off and then splitting the front and rear case (back off) then removing the wash tube from the casing and splitting that into two to allow you access to the inner drum which is then driven out of the back half of the tub so that you can get at the bearings and seal. From my experience of this job you will also need to change the bearing spider assembly too

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you require further assistance? If not would you kindly rate the information given so that I can close the call down on the system. Thank You for using JA and have a great evening - Ian