Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Kingswood dishwasher and the light flashes three

Customer Question

Hi... I have a Kingswood dishwasher and the light flashes three times... It doesn't complete a cycle and beeps constantly... :-(
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I think it may be the heater element but I wouldn't know what it looks like on this unit.... Can't find the user manual....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The model number is ***** 60 A...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

3 flashes is a time out heating fault on this.

What you need to do on this to locate the heater is lie the dishwasher on its back and remove the metal base. Theres 2 screws at the front and the back part slids off.

From there you should see a silver cylinder. This is the heater. But if you have a later model then the heater is attched to the front of the wash motor. Its twisted on so you need to twist the heater off from the motor.

Once its off you can test the heater with a multi meter and see if its faulty and replace it from there.

Check them and see what you find as the 3 flashes is nearly always a faulty heater element in there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.