Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

My name is i have just been trying to fit a new element to

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** i have just been trying to fit a new element to my 432 wv white knight dryer als I took all the wires off before marking them now I cant remember where they all go.I have looked at the diagram but the colour codes don't match up to the machine please help. jim
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: certainly it's a white K night 432 wv
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if it's possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really,im'pretty good at mechanical and electrics as a rule
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jim, what colour wires have you got that need refitting - I assume you have just taken the wires off the heater element itself?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry about the delay, the colour codes on the wiring is 2xgrey 1black&white 1 brown&white 1red 1blue 1 black 2 light blue.I realise I should have marked them but I thought I would be putting them back on the following day. Thank you very much anyway jim mason
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK jim could you have a look at the rating plate and give me the product code it will start(###) ###-####.... I need the digits after the 432 likely something like 1500a or similar.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the number is *****
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK Jim give me a moment and I'll find the diagrams.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK I am going to do this in simple stages one cable at a time -

you have a terminal block on the back of the appliance close to where the cable comes in. The earth cable should have a tag directly connecting to the case - can you find this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK straight forward you should have the live and neutral connected to this terminal block - can you confirm which is on terminal 1 of the block and which is on terminal two of the block.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
black is on terminal 1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
terminal 2 is grey 3is red 4 is empty 5+6 is light blue
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

My feeling is that we can best solve this with a telephone conversation.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.