bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I am wiring a Hotpoint CIS640 Induction Hob, the cable

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I am wiring a Hotpoint CIS640 Induction Hob, the cable supplied is a 5 Core - Green Yellow(Earth), Blue and Grey(Neutral), Black and Brown(Live).
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The Unit has just been supplied by Interior Solutions and the Product Reference on the paperwork is 61985907 HotpointCIS640 Indc Hob
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I require wiring instruction into the Hob Unit and What sought of Socket is required for wiring to the mains
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

Firstly you have been supplied with the wrong cable for connection to a single phase 230 volt AC supply. The cable supplied is for 2 phase 230 volt supply and for the Netherland market only. First port of call is back to Interior Supplies for a replacement designed for the UK market.

Having now provided you with the required information would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done you can come back for further information on a free of charge basis. Thank you for using JA and have a great day. -- Ian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do know this, what cable size should I use , 2.5mm square is my normal and can I wire trough a normal 13amp Plug to the mains or should I wire it through a switch box. This is what I want to know. Your recommendations please!!!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

4mm and through a 32amp double pole switch.