Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a spinflo 12 gas hob grill and sink unit in my horse

Customer Question

I have a spinflo mark 12 gas hob grill and sink unit in my horse box. one of the burners seems to be blocked somewhere everything else works fine. WHat should I do
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The burner seems to only light to the tiniest flames which don't heat anything and go out. It didn't used to be like that but I think when I cleaned bits out of the middle of the burner I may have got some into the hole where the gas comes out
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No the rest works fine - really well both the grill and the other burner
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You will probably need to use compressed air to blow out the burner and tubes, it is probably plugged. Spiders like to build webs in the tubes and that can cause low pressure, too. A good cleaning should restore good flames. If not, the valve will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I do this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You will need to use an air compressor to blow the high pressure air.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do I disconnect the regulator from the tube and attach the tube to a compressor? Will a foot pump do the trick
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The burner assembly itself will need to be removed and cleaned.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I remove the burner assembly?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I believe the top hinges up but I can find little service information on that unit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will try that tomorrow and come back to you if I have any further questions thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you!