bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Hotpoint slimline DC27 dishwasher that powers up

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint slimline DC27 dishwasher that powers up but wont start.2 Lights are flashing for pre wash and run,(the first 2 lights from the left)Is this a communication error code?Can this fault be narrowed down to a specific part to replace?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

Just checking the manual - Ian

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK 1+2 flashing can be a communications error but it can also be a drain time exceeded fault too. First thing to do is reset then pour a kettle full of hot water into the sump/filter area. Leave for about three minutes and then see if you can get the pump to pump out by starting a program. Come back to me with your results - Ian

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK will doIll come back to you in a bit thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK I'm around

Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

I assume as I havent heard back from you that has rectified your problem. If so would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian

Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK stick to this question for the minute - Im going to try and shut the other one down give me a moment.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK can you confirm that the appliance pumped the hot water down the drain?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Ian
Any other advise?
Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

Did it pump out the hot water?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it didnot
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK first thing to do is get the base off and check that the pump isn't jammed with a piece of glass, crockery or bone. If you follow the grey corrigated drain hose it takes you straight to the pump which looks like this ~~ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hotpoint-Slimline-Dishwasher-DC27-Genuine-Drain-Pump-Waste-Water-Pump-C00090537-/161696787887 ~~

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

I cant call you at the moment as I'm at work but if you are around later I can give you a call say at 2 pm?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem
Ill check for blockage as per your advice and let you know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ian I had to abandon the repair due to the time it was taking
I bought a new one instead
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK no worries