Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

Model EIFLW55HIW0 won't fill. Checked supply, it's good,

Customer Question

Model EIFLW55HIW0 won't fill. Checked supply, it's good, cleaned inlet filter, still no water. There's a not too loud grinding/growling noise in lower left of machine, if I'm facing the door.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is the pump and if it is that noisy you need to replace it. Often the impeller gets loose and starts making a lot of noise grinding in sounds. Here is a link to a new one for you, you would have to remove the top, control console and front to get at it to change it out...or if you are pretty handy you can do it through the back access panel..but it is a pain to do that way.