Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I had a power cut and since the re connection my Baumatic

Customer Question

Hi I had a power cut and since the re connection my Baumatic p629bs oven isn't working any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I take it the clock is flashing on the oven?

If so then you need to set the timer on there as if the clock is flashing then its in auto mode so the oven wont work untill the clock is set.

Set the clock on the front and then the oven will work from there.

If you dont know how to set the clock then what you need to do is press the button with the picture of the hand.

Then press the - or the + button to set the time.

Then once this has been done then that should allow the oven to work from there.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the clock is already set and it is definitely in manual mode but when turned on nothing happens?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if the clock is set and its in auto mode and the oven still isnt working then its more then likely the timer itself.

As its quite common for these Baumatic timers to fail like this after its been turned off. Ive seen it a few times in the past.

Now you need to either replace the timer unit or you can by pass it if yo dont use the timer settings. If this is something you want to do then you need to pull the oven and remove the top.

From there you need to take a picture of the wiring on the timer and post it on here and i will be able to tell you how its done from there.