Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a CDA CW494. The machine stops part way through a

Customer Question

Hi. I have a CDA CW494. The machine stops part way through a cycle leaving the water not drained and also all the buttons unresponsive. I cannot turn it on or off! If I leave it for a few days it appears to start working again. If I select the rinse only cycle the water will drain and the machine appears to function correctly until any other cycle is selected.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** in the UK - could you put it on a test for me hottest temperature and tell me if the water is heated at the point that it stops functioning. Once you have this info come back to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem I have is that the dishwasher is now not functioning or responsive so I will need to wait for a unknown amount of time until it "turns on/lights up"! i will provide an update once the machine start up again!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK do you by chance have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK thats great, when you have done the heating test let me know the results and then we can do afew tests - I'll have to dig out my old CDA docs as this is quite an old Whirlpool built appliance.