Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a maytag mtd09wh/1 with a error code f04 : It was

Customer Question

Hi I have a maytag mtd09wh/1 with a error code f04
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It was drying then came ul with the code
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 12 months ago.

Hi

F04 is a heating error code. But first try and clear the error code in case its a one off fault.

Turn dial to off.

Then turn to 6 oclock position

Press the reset button 3 times

Then turn the dial 1 click clockwise.

Press the reset button again 3 times.

Then turn the dial to off .

Then turn back on and it should have cleared the code. So retry it and see how it goes.

But if its not heating or the error code comes back again then you need to check the thermostats on the heater.

Remove the top and the back panel.

From there you will see the heater unit. On there are the thermostats. With a multi meter you need to test the and see if faulty. If so then the heater unit will need to be replaced as the thermostats come as part of the heater im afraid.

So try the above if you can as the error code is reporting a heating fault here.

Regards

Sorry i im putted the wrong model number on you system before so it brought up a different dryer.

The error code and reset is stll the same but as to the heater well this is a heat pump dryer which uses a compressor to heat up rather then a heater and thermostats on it. But the F04 error code is still a heating error code.

So if after doing the reset if the error code comes back the next time you use the dryer let me know and i can advise further from there.