Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Hotpoint BWD stopped mid cycle. Checked pump filter and

Customer Question

Hotpoint BWD stopped mid cycle. Checked pump filter and removed a few bits of metal. Pump impellor rotates ok and no obvious damage. Nothing will respond and the red light between wash and 2hours comes on and stays. Isolated from electric supply for 5 mins, switched back on and problem remains.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

When you try and start a cycle does the door lock?

Does it make any noise at all or do anything?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no the door wont lock because nothing will start, makes no noise and the only thing that is of note is the red light between wash on the left and 2 hours on the right stays on.

Can you post the full model number please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model number is ***** washer-dryer model BWD 129.

Thanks for that.

If its not doing anything at all and you cannot clear the lights then you can try and remove the plug from the socket completey and leave it for 30 minutes as this allows the control boards to discharge themselves.

So thn retry it and see if it clears the lights.

But if its still the same then you need to pull th washer out from under the unit and remove the top panel.

From there you will see the wiring block going to the front board.

Disconnect this and check for signs or corrosion on there. If so try and clean it up. Also inspect the front board and check for burning on there were the wiring block plugs onto.

Check them first and see what you find and let me know.

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me but if not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks