Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Pearl, JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My model aqualtis aq7l25i has stopped working and there doesn't seem to be any power
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Is there an overload switch somewhere?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.
Hi If the power supply is fine going to the washer then im afraid theres no overload switch in there or fuse or reset button you can press. What you need to do if nothing is comming on try the washer in another socket that you know works and see what happens. If still the same then remove the top and in the back right corner you will see the mains filter were the power cable goes to. Check this as sometimes this can burn out and cause this fault. If it has then the mains filter/power cable will need to be replaced. But if thats fin then you need to remove the back panel and in the back left corner at the bottom is the main control board. Remove this and open it up and check for burning. Also check for slugs on there as it may sound strange but we do find a lot of these washers slugs gets into the board and shorts it out.If this has happened then the main control board will need to be replaced and programmed up as new boards are sold blank. But this is very expensive and not usually worth fixing yourself as it will cost over £250. But if you get Hotpoint in on there fixed price repair its £110 all in and they will fit and program the control board up from there. So check the above if you are able to and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards