Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an old 4 oven AGA (~ 1934). It has been converted to

Customer Question

I have an old 4 oven AGA (~ 1934). It has been converted to gas. The top right oven gets to 220C when he temperature gauge is in the correct middle position. The baking oven below only gets to 80C and the simmering oven is hopeless at only 70C. We bought the house with the AGA so am not sure if this has been an issue for a long time. The gas burner appears to be working correctly. If I turn up the gas a little I can easily get the thermometer gauge into the red line. While it heats the roasting oven to 250C there is little impact on the other ovens. Any help resolving this would be appreciated.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The fact that the roasting oven heats up to temperature just fine but the others do not would lead me to believe that there is an issue with the burner. Does the flame stay steady and if you turn it up and leave it up fo a day, do the ovens get to operating temperature without the roasting oven getting too hot?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kelly,The burner appears to be working very well. If I turn up the thermostat the temperature gauge can easily get into the red zone. This AGA was converted from coal I am guessing. Could it be that the flame isn't evenly heating the firebox? If I sent you some photos would it help? Also the lower right oven appears to have a steel insert in it. This might be how they were built orginally but I thought maybe it was preventing the oven heating. Would photos help you?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
I am not real familiar with these old ones but pictures may help, yes, please.