Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I HAve a Belling electric double oven. The cooling fan will

Customer Question

I HAve a Belling electric double oven. The cooling fan will not turn off. The tech desk at the Belling parts supplier said fit a new thermostat that fits next to the cooling fan on the housing. Did that, problem remains. CXalled the tech desk again they said OK it must be your main oven selector switch has a fused buss bar that won't interrupt the feed to the cooling fan, for a a new one. Did that, same problem remains. I won't call the tech desk back they are clearly idiots. What is the fault here?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm a Belling engineer - would you kindly let me have the product code that is on the rating label so that I can see which appliance you have - it usually starts 44444.............
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

FIMD 23 BK

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
That is listed as an Indesit oven??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Belling. Read my question.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
I have read your question - if you go on to google you will see that the 'FIMD23BK' is listed as a Indesit --http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/fimd23bk/indesit-fimd23bk-built-in-electric-double-oven So if you do have a Belling cooker would you read my request and give me the product code (which is not the model number) that is on the rating plate in the door frame - as stated above it will begine with 444.............. or 5...............
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I've been through all this process you seem to be embarking on with the tech desk at Ransom Spares and he sent me parts that would fit a FIMD23BK. They already promised me the two parts I dotted would solve the problem. Theres a pattern emerging here.

Again, this is a Belling FIMD23BK. My sons is a sparks (albeit industrial not domestic) and he advises I should change the piggy back thermostat switch at the same time the main commutator is changed.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
I need the product code otherwise I will be unable to help you. All technical information on GDHA products is held online with engineer only access. Without the product code I will not be able to help. I see no pattern here at all, without the correct information from you, I'm not surprised that the spare parts supplier (Ransoms) got it wrong. With the benefit of having full access to all Belling data (which Ransoms havent) I cant help you either. Could I have the product code please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

There is nothing I can see that resembles the format you specify on either of the two factory product labels on the oven chassis. If you cannot access the online reference material without the information in the format you indicated then it seems you cannot help me. Thank you for assisting.

Kind regards.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
A pleasure.