Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Pearl - our indesit dishwasher keeps stopping partway

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - our indesit dishwasher keeps stopping partway through its cycle
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The machine has been washing poorly recently - glasses coming out smokey etc - we tried to top up the salt and rinse-aid but it continued. We then purchased a dishwasher cleaner and ran that and it was at that point it decided to stop part way through and has done every time we have run it since
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The machine is just less than 2 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK can you advise if it is heating the water?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hI WHEN STARTING THE PROGRAMME IT RUNS FOR A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE RINSE AID AND SALT LIGHTS START FLASHING - SO NO I DON'T THINK THE WATER IS HEATING
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry it hasn't taken water in by the time it starts flashing
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK just take me through what you get -- I expect this to happen -a. Set programb. Drain pump runs for a little whilec. Starts to fill or you hear a buzz at the back How fare does yours get?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well it's a bit like toothache when you go to the dentist! We ran it again to get the sequence for you and b***r me it seems to be working - this after 4 days of trying a manual washing up!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK I'll keep the request open for afew days to allow you to come back to me if needed - just log back in and it will be routed across to my desk. Keep an eye on it and keep me in the loop - enjoy your evening - Ian