Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch WAQ283S1GB. Came back from holiday and it

Customer Question

I have a Bosch WAQ283S1GB. Came back from holiday and it does 1 wash with difficulty (kept having difficulty during rinse cycle). This morning no go at all and error messages 29 and 34. Our water supply is a bore hole and it can get an overload of Manganese at times that blocks filters etc. Sure enough the machines filters were clogged. Cleaned those at which point the Error 34 took over. Tried leaving off for an hour and tried Error message restore but still machine won't begin cycle. No kinks in pipe and checked water flowing freely when disconnected. Any ideas appreciated.
Nathanael
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
F34 usually indicates a faulty door lock called an interlock - to be sure it not just a one off do the following Turn the appliance knob to the off or reset position, 12 o'clock.Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.Press and hold the spin button and while holding the spin button turn the knob to the 7 o'clock position.Continue holding the spin button for about 5 seconds then release the spin button and now turn the knob to offWhen your turn it back on it should have cleared the error codeThen run a cycle and come back to me with your results - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ian,
Thanks for your response.
I have done as you suggested. The following happens - On selecting spin the display reads 30:00 then on turning to 7 o'clock Error code 34 pops up and beeps. Turning to Off removes it but when I start the programme it never begins and Error 34 beeps again. Hope this helps you help me!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK well F34 is door lock related but it can also be the cables between the door lock and the main pcb or the pcb itself. If I was a betting man I would say 50% chance of it being the door lock 20% wiring and 30 main pcb I could be more accurate if you had a multimeter but in your case I would perhaps take a chance on replacing the door lock - if you give me the number that comes after the GB of the model number above usually something like GB/02 then I can give you the part number of the lock.