Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

IT won, JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more

Customer Question

IT won,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: IT won't start. IT seems like it don't regognize that the frying pan is there.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: After 20 minutes and restart, restart we can make it start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Can you tell me the make model and type of product you are having problems with?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Type:PLEAC. Modell: AKM 983/BA
857198301012 ***********
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Just confirm for me that this is a ceramic hob?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.
Hi That model you have posted is comming up as an induction hob rather then ceramic. As you say its not working with the frying pan you have then its not the correct pan for the hob. As you can only use stainless steel pans on induction as it uses magnitic plates so it has to be a stainless pan to get it to come on. To test it you need a magnet and see if it sticks to the underside of your frying pan. If it doesn then its not stainless steel and that will be the cause of the fault. You will need to get a stainless steel frying pan to be able to work on this hob. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards