Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Dishwasher seems to be stuck in wash cycle, can open door

Customer Question

Dishwasher seems to be stuck in wash cycle, can open door and still running.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Put on to wash at 8am was still showing as active at 6pm. Water was still in machine. Tried again today, showed as active and opened door was still working with door open but no water movement.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. I believe the actual programme unit has failed and is stuck on mid cycle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The machine is in flood mode, there is water in the base of the machine under the tub. There must be an issue with the pump, maybe it is plugged or it is faulty. Check the drain hose connection to your home's plumbing and the dishwasher's filter and the pump impeller. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Botch classixx, sgs53002gb/15
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Did you check and dry the area below the tub?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would have to wait for assistance from family member as can not bend or kneel myself.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
I understand, thank you. Once it is dried out, it should start working again. If it continues to leak, that leak would need to be repaired, of course.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't seen any leaking outside of machine. The programme appears to be stuck in one setting and the machine will not complete a cycle nor does it switch off on front panel or when the door is opened.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
The water is contained in the plastic base. There is a float in that base that is lifter up from the water and when that happens, it will suspend all other actions and only turn the pump on. Once the float drops (water is dried up), it will return to normal operation.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you for your help xx
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!